VMware Cloud Community
batkins61
Contributor
Contributor

hosts on same vDS but port group not accessible, but

I have 4 hosts in a DRS cluster all connected to the same vDS, yet when I try to migrate from one host to another, I get the error:

Currently connected network interface 'Network adapter 2' uses network 'VLAN501 (External-10G)', which is not accessible.

The port group "VLAN501" on vDS "External-10G" is on both hosts, and there are VMs successfully using it on both hosts, so it is clearly accessible to both hosts.  There are no warnings about vDS being out of sync.   There are no other vDSs configured, and there are no other port groups by that name.

Any idea how I can overcome this?  I need to put the host into maintenance mode, and can't while VMs are still resident.

Thanks

BAtkins

0 Kudos
4 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you have any other VMs in the same portgroup (vlan501) and check if you can migrate them.

I am not sure about the portgroup inaccessibility but I wanted to check if you can create a standard switch with a NIC with same vlan id (which are same for VLAN501) and then change the VM network to standard and move it back to dvs. Try to migrate and check if that works.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
batkins61
Contributor
Contributor

No, none of the VMs will migrate.  I can change the network temporarily to one on a standard switch, or remove the interface, migrate, and then configure it back again, and that works (affirming that the vDS port group is indeed available on both hosts).

0 Kudos
Limpman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem.

Did you solve this? And what was the souloution then?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos