VMware Communities
rg0va
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMnet0 missing win 10 pro x64 build 15063

As reported earlier I too was having trouble setting up the bridge connection. I followed Wil's instructions of removing VMware player 12.5.7 build-5813279. I deleted the config files as well and reinstalled. Now I am able configure the bridge connection and have my ip address and everything works as it should BUT there is NO VMnet0. Control Panel > Network > change adapter setting shows my interfaces, VMnet1 and VMnet8.

Is this something new in which case the documentation should be changed.

I have this situation on a laptop with wifi ethernet and a desktop with wired ethernet.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I think the VMnet0 bridge have always NOT appeared in the Network Connections list.

But if you look at the physical adapter properties, you should see the "VMware Bridge Protocol" being bound to it. Example screen below

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

I think the VMnet0 bridge have always NOT appeared in the Network Connections list.

But if you look at the physical adapter properties, you should see the "VMware Bridge Protocol" being bound to it. Example screen below

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

>> Control Panel > Network > change adapter setting shows my interfaces, VMnet1 and VMnet8.

>> Is this something new in which case the documentation should be changed.

That's exactly what it is supposed to look like.

do you read documentation that suggests otherwise ?

If yes we should report those docs as poorly written.

vmnet 0  gets bridged to one of your physical and logical network cards.

So it will not be displayed twice.

send from iPad

Ulli

0 Kudos
rg0va
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Bluefirestorm and Continuum for your responses. The VMware Bridge Protocol is indeed bound to the physical interfaces as you have written. This clears the mystery in my mind how and why the bridge configuration was working without VMnet0.

The Documentation for VMware Network Configuration for 12.5 Player clearly states VMnet0, VMnet1 and VMnet8 for bridge, NAT and host only setups. So the missing VMnet0 and not being able to configure the bridge interface during the initial install of Vmware Player 12.5.7 tossed me for a loop.

Now this is clarified. Thank you both. I hope this will help others in a similar situation.

0 Kudos