VMware Cloud Community
PluRav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Environment Overview widget - displaying stopped adapter instances

Hello, i created a custom dashboard with a widget 'Environment Overview'. My goal is to display adapter instance along its related resources.

The problem i encountered is following:

Adapter instance objects disappear from the dashboard after i stop the adapter instances collection on the Solution Configuration tab.

Does the widget allow to display adapter instances which have been stopped?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I dont know what is the reason, but even in previous versions, it does not display any stopped objects, which is a little bit strange for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What version are you on?

0 Kudos
PluRav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem has been spotted on v6.6. Not sure if it happened in previous versions too.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Attach your dashboard here. What's your goal, exactly? Do you just want to see in a dashboard what adapter instances have stopped collecting data?

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The behavior is the same for previous vROps as well, seems it is by design when you stop collection for an object, the same object disappear from Environment Overview widget.

0 Kudos
PluRav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'll try to attach the dashboard when possible. My goal is to see all adapter instances, even the stopped ones.

Or alternatively learning that it is not possible due to design reasons as suggested by aaghabekyan in answer above Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If that's your goal then there's something much easier that comes out-of-the-box. The bell icon in 6.6 (it was a cluster of dots in earlier versions) reports on collector status.

pastedImage_0.png

If any of your adapters are down or not collecting, an alert will be displayed here. Further clicking on it shows you which one(s).

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
PluRav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind. But getting back to the widget - can you guys agree that by design it does not display stopped adapter instances (or any stopped objects for that matter)?

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I dont know what is the reason, but even in previous versions, it does not display any stopped objects, which is a little bit strange for me.

0 Kudos
PluRav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks to both of responders for your input!

0 Kudos