VMware Cloud Community
paranoidandi
Contributor
Contributor

vRops and Log InSight Integration

Dear all,

we are planning to integrate vRops and Log InSight like it is described in How to Integrate Log Insight with vRealize Operations - VMware Cloud Management .

Before execute this scenario and do the full integration with 1 vRops and 3 Log InSight servers I need the information how much data will be transferred between these instances.
I've found nothing on the internet concerning frequency and volume of data exchange.
It's very important for us in order not to block all the WAN connections.

Has anybody experience with a similar szenario?
Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

In terms of logs none. All the integration does is allow vrops to open up the vLI web page with in the product. It will focus the log insight's logs to the object you have selected in vrops when it opens up the web page.

It also adds a couple of metric under the log insight adapter for health of the vLI cluster

0 Kudos
paranoidandi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sxnxr,
thanks for your answer. I'll check that in a test installation this week.
I give you an update when the tests are finished.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There's more to the integration than that. For instance, vROps has a built-in Log Insight agent in the appliance. Should you choose (and you probably should), you can configure that agent to send the logs for vROps over to vRLI. By getting the free content pack for vROps from the marketplace, you can get dashboards, alerts, etc for your vROps systems, and it does support clusters. From the Log Insight piece, you can configure it to send alerts over to vROps and have them associated with certain objects. But to answer your original question, if you don't enable any of these pieces, the data transferred between them is very small.

0 Kudos