VMware {code} Community
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

plugin-seed 0.9.8 is available

Version 0.9.8 is available on our Fling site: download the file plugin-seed-0.9.8.zip. The 3 main changes are:

• Includes the new Javascript API bootstrap introduced with HTML SDK 6.5.u1
  • Large refactoring of services and components to use Observables as a better pattern
  • End-to-end tests for the plugin running in vSphere Client

See the attached change-log for the full list of changes. 

You can also compare all source changes since 0.9.7 with the file version-0.9.8.diff included with the new version.

VMworld 2017 attendees:  don't miss our workshop ELW181107U  Sunday 27th from 1:30 to 3 pm (*), where we will go through a new hands-on-lab using plugin-seed. You'll be able to ask any question to Vladimir and myself!   For others the same hands-on-lab using plugin-seed should be available soon after VMworld.

(*) FYI, it was initially scheduled Monday 2 to 3:30 pm but was moved to Sunday recently. 

8 Replies
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

FYI, I noticed that since Angular 4.3 several warnings appear at build time, like this one:

WARNING in Circular dependency detected:

src/app/app-routing.component.ts -> src/app/shared/index.ts -> src/app/shared/dev/app-header.component.ts -> src/app/app-routing.module.ts -> src/app/app-routing.component.ts

Those are just warnings, they don't affect the application but they can be annoying.  To turn them off you can add this option to your ng build or ng serve command:

--show-circular-dependencie false  (or -scd false for short)

For instance you can edit package.json to replace:

"start": "ng serve --port 4201 --proxy-config proxy.conf.json",

with

"start": "ng serve -scd false --port 4201 --proxy-config proxy.conf.json",

The next version of plugin-seed will avoid these circular dependencies.

0 Kudos
SravanKumar1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hi laurent,

Are there any plans to release a seed with updated clarity version (say 0.10.6 which had many fixes)?

We are about to start html plugin development.

Can please confirm on this?

Thanks,

Sravan

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sravan,

Once you generate your project with plugin-seed you can update the versions of npm packages at any time in package.json.  It is up to you to make sure the updates are compatible, but the Clarity update should be simple.

0 Kudos
SravanKumar1234
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Laurent.

But updating clarity from 0.9.x to 0.10.x will break the seed project.

I had updated the following js versions in package.json:

"clarity-angular": "^0.10.6",

"clarity-icons": "^0.10.6",

"clarity-ui": "^0.10.6"

clarity_update_erro.JPG

As per documentation, 0.10.x introduces many breaking changes https://vmware.github.io/clarity/news/0.10.0

Instead of resolving/fixing all these by ourselves(being new for clarity and angular 4). It would be really helpful to get a project with the latest clarity and other libraries.

It would be really helpful to get a project with the latest clarity and other libraries.

Anyways, When can we expect next version of the plugin seed?

Thanks,

Sravan

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I had a quick look and the only breaking change from Clarity 0.10 which affects plugin-seed is the Tabs refactor (see doc here)

Please find enclosed an update for three main.component files (.ts, .html. .spec.ts) so that you can bump Clarity to 0.10.6 in your package.json

A larger update of plugin-seed is in the works but will take a few more weeks.

SravanKumar1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Laurent,

I had upgraded my project with clarity 0.10.6 which worked by replacing the seed generated with the new main files.

However, after few days  I'm getting the following error.(as shown below, refer ng serve failed log.txt for full output).

pastedImage_0.png

I tried to upgrade the project with clarity* 0.10.8 which is also giving the same error.

I had attached package.json,angularcli and lock files for analysis.

Node version details:

pastedImage_1.png

Please let me know If you need more info on anything else.

Please look into this and let us know how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Kumar T.

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Since you already have modified the original plugin-seed I cannot help you unless you send your entire UI project so that I can build it (without the npm_packages and compiled files!)

Please create a new message thread instead of replying to this one. Thanks!

0 Kudos
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, I replied too fast to the previous question.  I was able to reproduce the same problem once Clarity is updated to 0.10.8.

The fix is simple in action2-wizard.component.ts, replace:

import { Wizard } from "clarity-angular/wizard/wizard";

with

import { Wizard } from "clarity-angular";

It's because older Clarity versions allowed to use deep paths and it is no longer the case.

0 Kudos