VMware Cloud Community
adamjg
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vROps 6.6/ServiceNow integration

Hi all...can someone tell me more about vROps 6.6 and ServiceNow integration?

From the release notes/documentation on vROps 6.6, ServiceNow integration is now "out of the box" but I haven't been able to find anything useful on it. I saw the webhook "shims" but that seems like the wrong thing for something that's supposedly out of the box.  I asked my SE and he started us down the path of getting PSO involved for what I'm expecting to be a ridiculously priced paid engagement.

Has anyone done this?  Is there any such thing as out of the box?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The "out-of-the-box" portion is inside ServiceNow where it has pre-built definitions from vROps. But from vROps, you still have to configure Remedy/ServiceNow as an SNMP endpoint and define what should be sent over. So it's more like a "yes/no" answer on how far out of the box you can get. Either way, it requires setup and configuration work with someone who is a SNOW administrator.

0 Kudos
MichaelRyom
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi adamjg

Have a look at the service now webpage: Configure event collection from VMware vRealize Operations

Best regards

Michael Ryom

Blogging at https://MichaelRyom.dk
dexcopper
Contributor
Contributor

Quite helpful - thanks for the answers. I would only add that you may ease your life by using a connector to do the job. It's faster, easier, and more pleasant - I mean, you do not have to worry about the process during the entire time of integration. We used ZigiOps.

0 Kudos