VMware Edu & Cert Community
MarcusWah
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP6-DCV Renewal

I currently hold the VMware Certified Professional 6 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6-DCV) which expires in 3 months.

I would like to take the exam of VCP6-DTM to renew VCP6-DCV.

Is it a valid path to renew the VCP-DCV?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Marcus,

If you hold a current VCP you can earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track (eg. VPC6-DTM) and this will "extend" your VCP expiry by 2 years from the VPC6-DTM exam Pass date; see Certification Policies and Agreements (Recertification Policy: VMware Certified Professional (Point 3))

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Cheers,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdrianTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Marcus,

If you hold a current VCP you can earn a new VCP certification in a different solution track (eg. VPC6-DTM) and this will "extend" your VCP expiry by 2 years from the VPC6-DTM exam Pass date; see Certification Policies and Agreements (Recertification Policy: VMware Certified Professional (Point 3))

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Cheers,
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes - as mentioned above, all your VCPs are renewed by the single action of achieving a new VCP or VCAP.

Path 2 on the "Existing Candidate Requirements" tab of this page confirms which exam to pass: VCP6-DTM Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos