VMware Modern Apps Community
corey_r
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can I insert query variables in markdown text?

Can I insert query variables in markdown text? The scenario is that I have multiple information I need to show as a health summary (like number of exception, memory, cpu etc)  as descriptive message. If it is single info I could sue single line state to an extend. But I have more info to show as a summary. If I could create queries in markdown chart and I can put something like thing in markdown

"You have ${numberoferrorquery} and ${highcpuquery}"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
corey_r
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sajithkumar,

Currently you use Dashboard variables in Markdown text exactly like you have in done your example . See here a sample markdown which is using a dashboard variable  -> https://workday.wavefront.com/u/2G2SfkbWlK

Unfortunately at present you cannot use query variables in markdowns.  That  is an great suggestion though and I will share it with our product team for further consideration for our future product feature roadmap.

Thanks,

Salil D

0 Kudos
corey_r
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks. I could have used Dynamic dashboard variable. But seems like it only support sources and sources tags and does not support arbitrary queries. I think support for query variable will be great feature to add.

0 Kudos
corey_r
Community Manager
Community Manager

I agree. I have created a feature request for this and sent it to our Product management team.

We greatly appreciate your valuable feedback on this one. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have  any further questions.

Thanks,

Salil D

0 Kudos