VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

epops-weblogic configuration in vRealize

Dear all

Hi

i user vrops 6.6 i download this Vsx

and want monitor weblogic services add this apk and just can not do Configuring Server Object Credentials can any one help me fo solve this?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
34 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I would suggest using the best phrase for this RTFM.

In your link above click the resources tab and click the user guide and look under the Configuring Server Object Credentials section. I know it is crazy they documented it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

i have downloaded and read that document but document is very very imperfect have you install that plugin?

BR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

sxnxr​ has already provided the best advice. Seriously, you need to read the documentation. The process is simple and correctly outlined for you there.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

dear

thanks

but i say in previous post i read the document in document just say

1 To configure the credentials, from the vRealize Operations Manager page, select

Administration >

Inventory Explorer

2 Expand Object Types and select an object type.

3 You can either select WebLogic x, or WebLogic Admin x and select the object.

4 Click the Edit Object icon.

5 From the Edit Object window, click the plus sign to add a credential name.

The Manage Credential window appears.

6 Add the Credential name, admin.username, and admin.password, and click OK.

7 Click OK.

now i have attached pic there is more field that we have to complete :

my weblogic ip adress server is = 10.10.50.60

my weblogic has been install on linux server in this path : /home/oracle/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/Credits

my vrops ip is = 10.10.50.50

also add credential and insert user pass

please see attach pic i have inserted all data but appear error failed to create resource

can you help me ??

BR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You have not followed the instructions. It says to "select the object" and then click "Edit Object". You do not have an object, and you're trying to add a new object. Since you aren't seeing any objects of that type, your EpOps agent and/or weblogic plugin are not working correctly, possibly it's not checking in. So your first task is to have your EpOps agent check in to vROps, then to ensure the agent plugin is discovering appropriate objects.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

Because i don't know what object do i have to select

I download weblogic pak file and then install that with successfully in vrops and install agent on linux server now vrops can detect that linux server

can you help me

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

screenshot your object types from inventory explorer and post it here

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

There are many objects in that some of them has been show in attach pic

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This is what I was trying to explain. You see that middle pane? You see all the (0) next to those things? That means you have no objects of those types. If you have no objects, then your EpOps agent isn't checking in, isn't set up properly, or the requirements aren't being met.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

I just download pak file and add solution that and appear successfull then install agent on linux server

what is my problem now??? What is my mistake??

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You probably did not properly set up the EpOps agent. Post a screenshot of your EpOps agent in the inventory viewer.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

i have attached 3 pic

in the inventory explorer not see epops agent  please see attached file please help me for solve problem

BR

Babak

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Which of the EpOps agents listed contains Weblogic software?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

testcreditsapp

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Post a screenshot of that agent's listing (expanded) in the inventory tree. Check the Agent object and any metric to ensure it is reporting active metrics.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

i am so confused in previous post i have attached pic from all of my config now attach other config now

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I think it's best you just open a case with support so they can walk you through this.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

First thing you should do is upgrade the EOPs agent to 6.6 you are using 6.5

Second go to environment then operating systems. You should see a linux section. Expand it and you should see all the linux VMs. select the VM you have the weblogic installed and then select all metrics. Pick random ones and make sure you are receiving data.

Is you are not you have a problem with the agent.

If you are can you post a screenshot of the server expanded (should have a weblogic section)

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

please see the attached pic when i select ( testcreditsapp machine that weblogic has been installed that and select metric it show some of them) but see web2.png attached pic i can not see these outputs for weblogic realy confused what do i have to do ?

also in weblogic world there is not any object (attached pic web3)

BR

0 Kudos