VMware Communities
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Workstation Twelve | Kali 2.0 | Debian 8.x - 64 Bit: Installation Step Failed Error

I hope I'm requesting for help in the right place, but anyways for the last couple of days I have been trying to install Kali Linux on a virtual machine using VMware Workstation 12.

I've followed multiple youtube tutorials and online guides and blogs, but no one can help me resolve this error. I use all of the guided steps and the installation copy was

taken directly from the Kali website. I've tried re-sizing me disc, and the non-graphical install yet i still get this error. The installation goes fine up until the installation of the

system, where it stops at 5% and fails. I have even used DAEMON TOOLS to mount the iso file to a disc, then boot from there, but nothing changes. I have turned on all

Virtualization options from BIOS and I'm quite stumped at this point. Any help would be appreciated.(Note: I am running a 64-bit operating system)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here is another thread that resolved the issue on an older version of Workstation: Error installing Kali Linux in vmware workstation 9

0 Kudos