VMware Performance Community
vmwaregoodgood
Contributor
Contributor

VMmark3.0 some issue found which cause the score not compliant

Hi all,

I just ran the VMmark3.0 in my environment. After a complete run with single tier, I see some errors in the run service log before VMmark3Service exiting normally. The error shows "VMmark3 Service Thread Pool not shutdown cleanly : Exceeded maximum timeframe : Creating Stop File ", please refer below picture.

pastedImage_0.png

Also, from the STAX-Job-User.log, found some errors when generating the vm-support. Please refer below picture.

pastedImage_1.png

I don't know if those errors will cause the result not compliant or not. From the Score_1_Tile_Test.txt, some issues were found which cause the result is not compliant. It seems like weathervaneauction workload and dvdstore workload got some issue. Please refer below picture.

pastedImage_2.png

Did anyone have this issue before? Please give me some instruction for further toubleshoot, thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Let's try running some shorter runs with only one workload at a time and see what it looks like.  For shorter runs , we will run these with the Turbo flag set. So make sure that this line is set and uncommented out in your VMmark3.properties file.

TurboMode = true

Run 1 DS3DB Only.  Edit VMmark3.properties file so the only Workload you are running is DS3DB.

RunName = DS3DBTurbo

WorkloadList = DS3WebA, DS3WebB, DS3WebC, DS3DB

Run 2 Weathervane Only.  Edit VMmark3.properties file so the only Workload you are running is DS3DB.

RunName = WeatherVaneTurbo

WorkloadList = AuctionLB,AuctionWebA,AuctionWebB,AuctionAppA,AuctionAppB,AuctionDB,AuctionMSQ,AuctionNoSQL,ElasticLB,ElasticWebA,ElasticWebB,ElasticAppA,ElasticAppB,ElasticDB

When they are done create a zip file with both results directories and send back.

0 Kudos
vmwaregoodgood
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

BR,

Jacky

0 Kudos
vmwaregoodgood
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Fred,

I have ran the tests by following your instruction. Attachments are the result for  DS3DBTurbo and WeatherVaneTurbo. I removed the vcsupport.tgz because the zip files are too big to upload. Also, is it possible to enable debug mode which may help you to identify the issues? If you need me to rerun the test, please tell me. Thanks for your kindly support on this.

Best Regards,

Jacky

0 Kudos
vmwaregoodgood
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Fred,

For the issue "VMmark3 Service Thread Pool not shutdown cleanly : Exceeded maximum timeframe : Creating Stop File " ,not every time will show up the error. For the vm-support issue, it will show up every time I ran the test. For the score part, not every time can generate all the score. The Infrastructure score cannot successfully generate every time in the test. One or two of the vmotion,Svmotion,Xvmtion,Deploy scores are zero.  

Below is the environment setup information, cluster "Client" is for the tier 0 Client and PrimeClient . The cluster "VMmark3" is for the system under test which contain "data 2, data 3, data 4" for three ESXi boot device(SATADOM) ,"MARK" is the NFS shared storage which contains Standby and DS3WebA0 VM. VsanDatastore is the shared storage for SVmotion,XVmotion and Deploy and all the rest of vm are deploy on the VSAN.

Thanks for your kindly support.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

BR,

Jacky Tseng

0 Kudos
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I looked at the 2 turbo runs you did and both of those looked fine from the workload standpoints. As far as the Infrastructure (vMotion, SVmotion, XVmotion and Deploy) I do see that you are only getting vMotion to run successfully every time and not all 4 infrastructure operations.  Let's make 2 more runs.

Make 1 run with the following lines configured  in your VMmark3.properties file.

TurboMode = true

WorkloadList = DS3WebA,DS3WebB,DS3WebC,DS3DB,AuctionLB,AuctionWebA,AuctionWebB,AuctionAppA,AuctionAppB,AuctionDB,AuctionMSQ,AuctionNoSQL,ElasticLB,ElasticWebA,ElasticWebB,ElasticAppA,ElasticAppB,ElasticDB

InfrastructureList =

2nd run with

TurboMode = true

WorkloadList =

InfrastructureList = vmotion,svmotion,xvmotion,deploy

Tar up the results directories for them and send back.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
vmwaregoodgood
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Fred,

I have also seen some warning massage in the Score_N_Tile_Test.txt. Will it impact the score compliance ?

Below attachments are application and Infra workload separate on two different tests.

0 Kudos
vmwaregoodgood
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Fred,

I also see some errors in the error.log file at: \workloadfiles\weathervane-output0\logs\workload1\webServer\. Will it impact the result?

Thanks,

Jacky

0 Kudos
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From the 2 sets of Results directories you sent (Workload only and Infrastructure only) here is what I see.

When you run the Workloads (less Standby) they look like they are running fine.

From the Score_Turbo_1_Tile_Test_NC.txt file:

Warnings Messages::

p0 : WeathervaneAuction0 Exceptions : 1

p0 : WeathervaneElastic0 Exceptions : 1

rampdown : WeathervaneElastic0 Exceptions : 1

THESE ABOVE ARE PROBABLY DUE TO THE SHORT (TURBO) RUN).

Summary ::

Run_Is_NOT_Compliant

Turbo_Setting : 1

Number_of_Workloads_Missing : 0

Number_of_Compliance_Issues (identified by '*') : 6

Issues Found :

Tile0-weathervaneelastic-p0

Tile0-weathervaneelastic-p2

vmotion

svmotion

xvmotion

deploy

Median_Phase : p1

THESE ABOVE ARE  DUE TO THE FACT WE DIDN'T RUN THEM.

When you ran the Infrastructure only runs you don't get any valid data in Score_Turbo_1_Tile_Test_NC.txt because it needs the WorkloadlistLoad .wrf files to do the calculation. However, I looked at the outputs of the Infrastructure .wrf files.

Deploy - times look like they are working but taking a long time (1815 seconds).

VMotion -  times look really fast. 4 seconds. Do a manual VMotion of AuctionMSQ0 from one host to another host and tell me how long it takes and make sure it actually moves to the other host?

XVMotion - looks like it did 1.

SVmotion - looks fine.

Do another full test of just the WorkloadLists and see what the data looks like (see if it passes for Weathervane and DS3DB_. Note, added Standby into the list from last time you ran it.

TurboMode = false

WorkloadList = DS3WebA,DS3WebB,DS3WebC,DS3DB,AuctionLB,AuctionWebA,AuctionWebB,AuctionAppA,AuctionAppB,AuctionDB,AuctionMSQ,AuctionNoSQL,ElasticLB,ElasticWebA,ElasticWebB,ElasticAppA,ElasticAppB,ElasticDB,Standby

InfrastructureList =

0 Kudos