Reset database in vROps 6.6

I want to reset my database metrics.

Thx

0 Kudos
10 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Don't understand what you mean. Can you explain further?

0 Kudos
mcvosi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I want to reset my database.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

So are you asking how to reset the entire vROps system to out-of-box state?

0 Kudos
mcvosi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yes.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Redeploy the appliance.

0 Kudos
GregPatria
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

just redeploy or you can make software update and thick Reset out-of-the-box content.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Resetting out of box content will not clear any data that is stored by vROps, only the built-in items it lists if they were altered.

0 Kudos
mcvosi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, well my concern is this. Overnight, and pretty much every night, I have over 600 new alerts via email from vROps. Some alerts I see as valid, but others may be an increase in datastore latency from 10 ms to 15. It seems some of my counters may be off. I've done in-place upgrades from 5.x onward, so maybe it's time to start fresh.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you're getting spammed that much with alerts, then it sounds like you need to focus on optimizing your policy rather than trying to strong arm the database. And since this is a carry-over from vCOps (5.x), if you're able to do so, you might find it easier going to just deploy a fresh vROps 6.5 (I'd recommend not going to 6.6 at this time) and set up your new system. Regardless, you need to spend time configuring your policy so it isn't as spammy with the alerts, and the 6.5 default policy is pretty good about that.

mcvosi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The issue could have been 6.6 as I didn't have these voluminous alerts in 6.5.

Going to re-deploy a 6.5 appliance.

Thx

0 Kudos