VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert

how can install end-point managment agent

dear all

Hi

i have installed vrealize operation managment with enterprise license now i want to use end point operation for monitor IIS  .

i have installed apk file epops-iis-1.1.4201413.pak from here Vsx

i indtall apk file on vCenter now i want to know just have to install end-point managment agent for windows in client???

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Read the docs, or watch a video.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

so thanks

by default vrealize operation without install any end point operation can monitor any application?

BR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Without either an EpOps agent installed in the guest OS or a management pack which supports agent-less metric collection, vROps does not gather data at the application level.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

thanks now i have installed Vsx  (for IIS)  epops-iis-1.1.4201413.pak on vrealize operation managment and i successfully installed now install end point agent on windows and run IIS service

but now when i login to vrealize operation managment and see attach pics in agent menu can not detect my guest os that iis has been installed on that

now how can monitor that os IIS has been installed on that ?

BR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

In your posted screenshots, your agent isn't even checking in, so there's a problem there. You either haven't installed or configured it properly.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

the end point operation has been installed more than 15 minutes and now how can understand vrealize operation managment has detect that guest os and can monitor IIS ???

in which menu can see that ?

BR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If the agent is not appearing in your list of Endpoint Operations agents, then that's your problem. Go look at the docs at how to install and configure the agent first. Once it shows up in your agent list, check to see if the plug-in discovered the IIS instance. It should be automatic.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

my vrealize operation version is vRealize-Operations-Manager-Appliance-6.6.0.5707161_OVF10.ova and couls not download end point agent 6.6 and install

vRealize-Endpoint-Operations-Management-Agent-x86-64-win-6.2.0-3404388  is that ok are must use the same version of agent and vrealize ???

i find the download link for end-point operation managment but when i login could not download that and all of them buttons are gray

BR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You need to be using the version appropriate for your vROps system. I'm not sure why you say you could not download the EpOps agent, because it is available in MyVMware. You may have an entitlement issue, and if so you need to talk to your account rep or support why that might be.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert

is that necessary to use same version vrealize operation managment and vRealize-Endpoint-Operations-Management-Agent???

in which document say about  how to install agent and configure the agent first ????

can you upload your agent and give me a download link ??

0 Kudos