VMware Cloud Community
FreddyFredFred
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

problem with timezone during sysprep

I deployed a remote vcenter (6.5) and vro (7.2) and when I create vms there, the timezone within the vms are not set correctly. (The VCSA/vRO appliances are independent and not linked to anything else)

For the sake of argument, lets say we're dealing with new york and paris timezone.

I was checking the management interface of the appliances (the stuff on port 5480). The VCSA is set to UTC and the vRO appliance was set to new york timezone. I have fixed the vRO appliance to be the paris timezone.

Within the OS the timezone is shown as new york instead of paris even though I'm setting timezone=105.0 as part of my customization. Anyone have any idea as to what could be wrong? (The time within the OS is also wrong but it's the same value as the VCSA so i'm guessing i need to change the timezone on the VCSA too? )

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Need more information:

You have mentioned VCSA is set to UTC in your thread.

You also mentioned the time within the OS is also wrong (New York), but its same value as the VCSA which should be UTC as per your initial statement.

0 Kudos
FreddyFredFred
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi AishR,

Long story short, there was a bug in my workflow. I went to do a little testing so I could better answer you and discovered that using the customization option within the web client worked so I went hunting in my workflow for the problem and I found it . Thanks for the kick in the pants to get the problem solved Smiley Happy

0 Kudos