VMware Cloud Community
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA "Failed to complete dry run"

Hi guys - I have a vRA setup using Active Directory with IWA.  It's been working 100% fine.  My credentials for the sync are fine and working.  All of a sudden, it won't sync the directory.  I get "Failed to complete dry run".  When I go to the sync log for this directory, I see "Could not pull the required object from Identity Manager."

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There are lots of things that could cause this. Check the log files in the horizon folder on the appliance when you attempt a sync to get a better idea of where the failure is located.

0 Kudos
yochanand
Contributor
Contributor

you need to check the log in:

/storage/log/vmware/horizon

there is a connector.log and horizon.log.

tail -n0 -F for those file while you click on sync now can help you.

0 Kudos
Ukusic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, did you figure this out?

We had a 100% working env, accounts work etc. About a week ago suddenly it stopped working in several environments.

Seeing similar in the connector.log events (vRA 7.3)

(Timer-16) [3001@VSPHERE.LOCAL;;] com.vmware.horizon.connector.admin.ScheduleService - Sync of Directory aborted.

com.vmware.horizon.connector.exception.PullEngineException: Could not retrieve required object from Horizon

0 Kudos
hrusko123
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check and test your bind account settings.  I had this issue when i reset my bind user/service account pw in AD.  This broke AD syncs and logins.  Log into your tenant with a local account 'localadmin@vsphere.local' (make sure to change domain to vsphere.local) and go to the administration tab --> Directories --> directory settings --> Bind user details and re-enter the expected PW then select 'test connection'.  If it fails then you know the PW was changed.  Enter in the correct PW and save settings.
0 Kudos
JeanC
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

i am facing the same issue when trying to sync wit some active directory servers.

We have 3 AD Directories configured.

The first one does not give any errors but is part of the vRA environment.

The other two Directories fail to sync. but the Test connection never fails.

Testing with debug logging on the AD servers don't show any errors.

vRA version 7.2.0 (build 4659752)

0 Kudos