VMware Cloud Community
ybableh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

v Realize Ops Configuration

Dear All,

I have the below requirement and I am not sure how to achieve.

I want my operation team to receive the alerts and to be able to exclude some alerts for the devices which is not handed over yet to operation team.

currently I have policy created for all objects and I am receiving the alert already, how I can configure another policy to send alert for the devices which handed over to operation team and how I can exclude the objects which is not handed over yet.

I tried to create a new policy for ops team and a custom group for the devices which is handed over to ops team, but when I cheeked the related object for the default policy and the new policy I created I found the the number of the related objects on the default policy decreased and moved to the new policy I created, is this means I will not be able to receive all alerts from the default policy because the related objects removed?

Please advise.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

In the Scope for a new notification, you'll have to pick and choose which objects are still the responsibility of your operations team. As they change hands, you'll have to adjust your notifications accordingly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to configure your new policy so it applies to the group that you created and ensure your prior policy does NOT apply. There is a precedence order for policies. Verify by going to an object that should be in your new policy and check the upper-right-hand side of the screen. It'll tell you which policy applies. Only one can apply to a given object at a time.

0 Kudos
ybableh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply, but is it possible to keep the default policy for all object and send alert only tome, and the new policy to send alerts only to operation team? why I need this? I need to stop some alerts from going to operation team but still I want to receive them in my mailbox. if this is not possible then how I can disable the alert but keep it for reporting or dashboard? how I can stop trigger the alert only and keep collecting the information and use reporting for that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

In the Scope for a new notification, you'll have to pick and choose which objects are still the responsibility of your operations team. As they change hands, you'll have to adjust your notifications accordingly.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

The only way i can think of doing this is

1. You have two sets of objects
  2. you have two different teams

first you will create all the alerts and symptoms for both teams.

Create two custom groups with a membership rule that will keep the objects in the group. I dont know your setup but vcenter folders would be good for this and when you hand them over between teams you move them in vcenter and that will then move them between groups in vrops. The Parent folder property was added in 6.3 4 or 5 not sure which one. You could also use vsphere tags

Set up two notification rules one for each team.

In scope select object type and the container. select the custom group for one of the teams.

For the notification trigger select alert definition and then select the correct alerts for the team this is for

then select the criticality of the alert you set up and then save it.

repeat for the next team.

This should then send alerts to the correct team when a object is moved between folders in vcenter

0 Kudos