VMware Horizon Community
ITJef
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Multiple Monitors

We are running Horizon 7.1 and when we connect to machines using Blast or PCoIP it does not use all 4 monitors. We have configured the pool to allow it and we have selected all monitors in the client however it does not work. When we set it to all monitors in the client the screen opens and on one monitor we see the login screen but the machine is frozen and we can't login. If we change it back to window - large then it loads and we can login properly. What could be the issue?

Horizon 7.1

Blast protocol

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shaw_Way
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After wasting a heap of time trying to work out why my Windows 10 desktops could only see one monitor, I discovered the VM object now has the number of displays set there too.

This wasn’t the case in the past.

vSphere Web Client Version 6.5.1.0.10000

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Virtual Machine Edit Settings:

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The issue is resolved with Horizon 7.2, Please try upgarding to View 7.2 and check if the issue persists

ITJef
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I upgraded this weekend and i am experiencing the same issue. Ia m running Horizon 7.2 and the 4.5 version of the horizon client.

0 Kudos
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What OS are the clients in the pool(s) Windows vs Linux

Can you post a screen shot of your Pool configuration screen as well?

Last question, for now, are you using 3D Rendering (GRID)?

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
ITJef
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

all clients are windows 7 enterprise

screenshot below.

We are not doing any 3d rendering. We have one environment that is 7.1 and another environment that is 7.2 and both are experiencing the exact same issues. We can't get 4 monitors to work in any way however on a handfull of cases we can get 2 monitors to work

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Shaw_Way
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After wasting a heap of time trying to work out why my Windows 10 desktops could only see one monitor, I discovered the VM object now has the number of displays set there too.

This wasn’t the case in the past.

vSphere Web Client Version 6.5.1.0.10000

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Virtual Machine Edit Settings:

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
ITJef
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is exactly what i had to configure to get things to work with 4 monitors. Also make sure 3D is turned off because that limits you to two monitors i believe.

0 Kudos