VMware Cloud Community
tljouad
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to enable Log Insight alerts over a specific period?

Hello All,

This is my first post in the community and hope it fits to the community terms of use (I try my best).

I would like to know if it possible to enable the log insight alerts over a specific period of time?

I was able to configure the alerts for a specific filter, and trigger the email notification as soon as the number of matches goes over a certain threshold. The problem is that the threshold varies depending on whether it is business hours or not. Therefore the solution would be:

- Either to define two similar alert filters with different thresholds, and enable one only during the business hours, and enable the second outside of business hour.

- Or to define a moving threshold for the same alert filter (which I suspect to be impossible for the moment)

I am currently running on a Version 2.5.0-2347850 (an old version...I know)!

I would be thankful for any kind of help I can get, and hope for a quick feedback

Best regards,

Tarik L.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This isn't something that's possible today as far as I know.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It is not possible to configure alerts to be enabled for a specific time period only via UI or API. However in the newer versions of LI you can enable or disable alerts from the Ad min UI if you have super admin privileges (even for other users). Please submit a feature request on loginsight.vmware.com and vote for it.

btw - 2.5 GA is no EOL (End of Life) and EOS (End of support) now so do upgrade to 4.3 ( serially that is; you cannot jump from 2.5 to 4.5 latest released version)

0 Kudos