VMware Cloud Community
alexanderfu
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot login to vCenter using Active Domain User

Hi Experts,

Our customer vCenter is integrated with Windows Active Domain: telco.

I already have AD user named vendorcompany1 and AD Admin already add vCenter IP: 10.2.230.180 for my user ( in Log on to ).

vCenter admin already allowed my user vendorcompany1  to access 2 ESX server in that vCenter.

Example (This pic i get from google & only as an illustration how to permit an IP for windows active domain user) :

user-logon-security[1].png

I try to login to vCenter 10.2.230.180 with user: telco\vendorcompany1 using vSphere Client but system said "incorrect username / password".

I suspect there is another ip besides 10.2.230.180 that must be add to my AD user in Log on to.

I ask vCenter admin about this but he still new in this company so he can't help much.

I also didn't know anything about vCenter configuration.

Any idea to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Alexander

Edit1:

There is a security policy where employee domain user able to access all user, meanwhile vendor user restricted to access all server.

Vendor must ask AD admin to add server IP that he want to access.

vCenter admin has 2 account, 1 vCenter admin & 1 active domain user: richard.

He try to set permission richard same like vendorcompany1 and succesfully login to vCenter.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexanderfu
Contributor
Contributor

Need your help please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is the version of vCenter Server you are referring to.

Meanwhile see if the information in this helps vSphere Documentation Center

0 Kudos
alexanderfu
Contributor
Contributor

We're using vCenter 5.5.

I already take a look at your documentation. it seems the document only tells us how to integrate vCenter with Active Directory, which is we already have it.

0 Kudos