VMware Cloud Community
regnak2007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM Sites - Blank, no site listed

Hi,

I'm having a problem with SRM - I've had to reinstall the product after I hit a pairing permission issue. The reinstall ran fine but when I go to Sites within SRM, no site is listed, it's all blank so I can't pair anything. It's the same on the remote site. I was using an Always On SQL cluster but have reverted to standard SQL on the vCenter Server but despite trying multiple installation account combinations and logon accounts, the Sites section of SRM remains blank! I can try a local SQL Express install with SRM next time but I'm trying to avoid repairing vCenter in case something goes wrong there too!!

Any ideas?

vCenter 6.0 U2

SRM 6.1.1

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jameseydoyle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is most likely caused by communications issues between the PSC controller and SRM. After reinstalling, the Platform Services Controller may have endpoints still recorded for the old installation, which includes details about the certificates it would expect to see when connecting to those endpoints. As you have reinstalled, this information may be incorrect.

Check the vmware-dr.log file, which you will find in C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\Logs. Look for messages complaining about certificate validation.

Alternatively, it could simply be a case that the extension information in vCenter has not been updated correctly. The extension information can be removed and a 'Modify Install' can be run on the SRM box to reregister the extension information.

I would suggest opening a ticket with VMware Support to help you with this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jameseydoyle
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

This is most likely caused by communications issues between the PSC controller and SRM. After reinstalling, the Platform Services Controller may have endpoints still recorded for the old installation, which includes details about the certificates it would expect to see when connecting to those endpoints. As you have reinstalled, this information may be incorrect.

Check the vmware-dr.log file, which you will find in C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\Logs. Look for messages complaining about certificate validation.

Alternatively, it could simply be a case that the extension information in vCenter has not been updated correctly. The extension information can be removed and a 'Modify Install' can be run on the SRM box to reregister the extension information.

I would suggest opening a ticket with VMware Support to help you with this issue.

0 Kudos