VMware Cloud Community
virtblackbelt
Contributor
Contributor

Option for Alert Notes in View/Report

I know this is a duplicate of this discussion, but that discussion is from 18 months ago and relates to vROps 6.1.  I'm wondering if 6.5 or 6.6 has changed this functionality, because I can't seem to find it.

I run a daily report that gets mailed to the managers of our different support groups.  The support groups have been instructed to add notes to alerts that can't be closed (for example, if they need to wait for a maintenance window to shutdown a VM for modification), and the managers would like to see the notes in the report to ensure alerts are being followed up on.  I don't see anywhere in the Alert attributes the notes, nor do I see a Notes object that could even be included in a View of its own.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I didn't realize until I tried to figure out how to do this, but I'm seeing in vROps 6.6 that the ability to set a note on an alert seems to be...gone. All the other tabs are also gone. My guess is with the move to the Clarity UI, they haven't fully implemented the same functionality as in previous releases.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I can still add my recommendations in vrops 6.6 to new and existing alerts daphnissov not sure why you dont

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You can add notes to an active alert? Can you take a screenshot? Recommendations are something else entirely and not sure if you're talking about in an alert definition.

0 Kudos
virtblackbelt
Contributor
Contributor

Here, you can see on 6.5 the tabs for individual alerts and the final tab is "Notes".

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yeah, I know 6.5 has it, but I was saying 6.6 appears to not. So if someone has a 6.6 vROps and ​is​ seeing the Notes field for an active alert, that would be nice to see.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Notes for active alerts are gone in 6.6, so don't upgrade yet if you require this field.