VMware Horizon Community
CantorisD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

IE not closing issue in Linked Clone Pool

Config details at the end...

I'm having a weird issue where when IE is closed inside our VDI, its processes hang around for a minute or so or sometimes significantly longer despite no IE windows being left.

A second pool done from a completely newly-built golden image behaves the same way.

I also reproduced a similar issue in a standard VM under VMware Workstation where I also used the Optimization Tool and found the fix was to not disable the Windows Search service in the Optimization Tool!!!  In the VDI though, this fix did not help, nor did using a snapshot where NO Optimization Tool had been used.

I also tried disabling Persona Management (which we're using only to roam %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming) to no avail.

I don't suppose anyone has ever witnessed this before?  Thanks for reading.

Config:

View v6.2.2.  Pool is linked clones with Agent v6.2.3 on Win 7 Pro SP1 x86 with IE11.  Optimization Tool b1092 used.  Aside from .NET, the VM is fully patched to last month.

Network Introspection Agent is active in VMware Tools for Sophos Antivirus for VShield on the ESXi hosts (which are v6.0 Update 2).

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CantorisD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone else who comes across this, I've tracked it down to being the NSX File Introspection Driver...

And it was fixed by upgrading the VMware Tools to a newer version within the confines of compatibility with our View and vCloud Security versions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Seems issue with PCOIP Protocol. To isolate the issue with PCOIP protocol, Could you please check If you are able to reproduce the issue using RDP protocol

0 Kudos
CantorisD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply.  I've just tried this now but unfortunately it did the same over RDP as well.

0 Kudos
CantorisD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For anyone else who comes across this, I've tracked it down to being the NSX File Introspection Driver...

And it was fixed by upgrading the VMware Tools to a newer version within the confines of compatibility with our View and vCloud Security versions.

0 Kudos