VMware Edu & Cert Community
pradeep541
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

is "vSphere 6.5 Foundation Exam" enough to complete both VCP6.5-DCV and VCP7-CMA certifications ???

I am new to vmware and I have completed vSphere 6.5 and vRA 7 trainings.

is "vSphere 6.5 Foundation Exam"  enough to complete both VCP6.5-DCV and VCP7-CMA certifications ??

or I should complete VCA6-DCV and VCA 6 – CMA before VCP6.5-DCV and VCP7-CMA.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes, if you completed trainings then you need to VSphere 6 Foundations Exam or vSphere 6.5 Foundations Exam, one of them only for both of certification.

As per VMware site, only this exam is mandatory for both certifications you have mentioned.

In below KBs, please see :

Point 2 for required training (which you have completed)

Point 3 for required exam (Which you need to complete)

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

VCP7-CMA Certification

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yes, if you completed trainings then you need to VSphere 6 Foundations Exam or vSphere 6.5 Foundations Exam, one of them only for both of certification.

As per VMware site, only this exam is mandatory for both certifications you have mentioned.

In below KBs, please see :

Point 2 for required training (which you have completed)

Point 3 for required exam (Which you need to complete)

VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

VCP7-CMA Certification

MJMSRI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The Foundation exam is more broad in terms of subjects covered and does touch on many areas so is a good all round base to start however the VCP is much more specialized and you would need to do more training to consider passing the VCP6.5-DCV. Some good links are below that are useful for familiarizing yourself with the product aswell as the exam guide.

Cheers,

Mike

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You must pass the vSphere Foundations exam once, whether you are working towards just one or more VCPs - vSphere Foundations is a single "core" exam for all the current VCP certifications.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

My VCP is expired, and I'm VCAP-DCD. Do I have to give foundation exam again?

I'm preparing for VCP-NV. I  already have attended the training. Is it fine if I just give the VCP exam first and later on foundation exam?

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Path 3 on this page applies to you: VCP6-NV Certification

You can pass the 2 exams in any order, but will only be certified once you've met all the requirements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Scott, Thank you, for taking time to reply.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos