VMware Communities
rowsinski
Contributor
Contributor

One of the parameters supplied is invalid. Trying to clone VM workstation Pro 12.5.7

On Windows 10. When I try to clone a shutdown VM I first get an Access denied error.  Then launch as Admin ( I am one anyway). I get the "parameter supplied is invalid" error

Other VM's I can clone.  This started after Windows attempted update and blue screen.  After moving the lock (lck) directories I was able to boot but cannot shutdown and clone.

log shows

2017-07-12 15:40:07| inst-build-5813279| E1: VNLCallBridgeIoctl: couldn't open device: 0x00000005

2017-07-12 15:40:07| inst-build-5813279| E1: VNL_GetNumberOfVnets: couldn't open device: 0x00000005

Any thoughts,

Thanks

Bob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Bob,

The error you pasted is a red herring, it is about networking, nothing to do with your clone.

If possible then attach your UI-log. You can find the location of that log file in the help menu.

If not possible then what happens if you try to copy the VM to an external disk using Windows Explorer (with the VM shut down and Workstation not running)?

Does that work or are you getting errors?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can refer to Doc ID 1020000 as Fusion is similar to WS. However, you can create a new VM based on the consolidated disk and then cloning will work.

0 Kudos