VMware Edu & Cert Community
minkhial
Contributor
Contributor

VCP-DCP Prerequisite

hallo Admin, Just pass my VCA-DCV, and am plaining for VCP-DCV but if i dont want to attend the Authorized class bcus i dont have money is there other prerequisite that will allow me to take the 2 VCP-DCV Exams............i have other Microsoft Certification..

9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Unless you're Cisco certified, no.

Certain CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE certifications qualify for VCP6-NV (on NSX).

Everyone else, and for all other VCPs - there is a hard training requirement.

The only "cheap" option is to take the training with an academic institution that is authorised, such as Stanly CC - they're based in the US, but run classes online.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you have class ID then you can purchase voucher from VMware or VMware marketplace.

It costs $250. You have to register on PearsonVue and schedule your exam. Prepare from exams blueprints.

VMware Certification Marketplace | WMware Exam Prep & Education

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

But he/she won't have any such thing if they've not taken the training.

There's no point in buying a voucher or taking an exam if doing so would count for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
minkhial
Contributor
Contributor

can you please help me with the website for Stanly CC

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You're right sir, That's why I saI'd if he/she have class Id. I attendeded class from company budget and later bought voucher myself. That's what I meant.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Google is your friend: https://vmware.stanly.edu/

0 Kudos
Akabbara
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

You mentioned that Cisco Ceritifcation qualifies as Prerequisit for VCP6-DCV and can switch places with the training course as requiremments, can you please specify what Cisco Certifications and which field (Security, Datacenter, Routing & Switching...)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No, I said that certain Cisco certifications were connected with VCP6-NV, not VCP6-DCV.

Check path 2 on this page: VCP6-NV Certification

Once someone is a current VCP6-NV, they can also achieve VCP6-DCV if they pass the relevant exam, that's path 2 on this page: VCP6-DCV Certification

0 Kudos
Akabbara
Contributor
Contributor

My Mistake, Welll noted, just checked it. IT is very clear.

Thank you Scott.

0 Kudos