VMware Horizon Community
escobarelliot
Contributor
Contributor

View Agent 7 not using applying changes from snapshot

So here is the issue:

At the time of creating a new pool in view agent with my latest snapshot, the changes are not being made once i log in with a domain account. Icons from the desktop disappear and registry changes do not pick up. At the master VM level, all changes have been applied and saved.

The biggest issue is with Skype for business and OneNote, when logging in to the pool as domain user, the default email address in SFB shows someone else, where it should be blank, since its a completely new profile. I found a bunch of registry keys that were referring to this person, in the master VM, however, even after clearing all these, the person still comes up.

With OneNote, when opening for the first time as domain user in the pool, a notebook with the user name comes up, even after it was deleted from the source(share point and one drive)

This only seems to happen after creating the pool, the master VM is completely clean, unless there is something im missing?

latest I've done:

• Removing office completely and reinstalling, recomposed the pool after.
  • Deleted the pool and recreated it.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

probably a stupid question but since you didn't mention it: did you make a new snapshot after doing those changes to the master image?

0 Kudos
escobarelliot
Contributor
Contributor

@Magnet No question is stupid. Yes, i took a snapshot and recomposed from it.

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

please tell me :

- what kind of profile you are using in the solution?

- do you test with the same use every time?

also you can do :

1- reinstall the office customized with Office Customization Tool (OCT) "setup.exe /admin" and customize all the options as requred

2- review the group policy settings especially for office

0 Kudos