VMware Horizon Community
KeynetAG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Office 365 - Default Analysis ToolPak- VBA

Hey there,

I'm trying to get an Office 365 AppStack running with AddOn's for SAP Integration. VMware App Volumes v2.12.1

I was told the add-on used, was the default "Analysis ToolPak - VBA" Add-in.

When i try to activate the addin, i get the following error (i hope it's readable):

pastedImage_0.png

For better search purposes:

Microsoft Excel cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\Library\Analysis\ATPVBAEN.XLAM'. There are several possible reasons:

- The file name or path does not exist.

- The file is being used by another program.

- The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook.

I checked if the file exists, and if the permissions are ok, and they are.

I installed Office 365 as suggestied in the office 365 recipe in here, and everything else workse fine.

What's also Strange is, that there are no COM-Add-In like PowerView, Inquire Addin or everything else in the Add-in Options. But i have them on every other installation without AppVolume.

So i guess there is a general problem with Add-ins.

I tried reinstalling it in a new Appstack, no luck so far.

Did anyone else encounter this problem?

Thanks in advance vor any hints or tipps Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had the same issue with the analysis tool pak when I was on 2.12.1. Rolling back to 2.12.0 fixed it for me. I now have a hotfix 2.12.3.11 that does fix it as well along with my other office issue.

You can try these commands which fixed another issue in office

cd /d %SVAgent%
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
md en-US
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.mui en-US
.\cmd /c rd C:\Users\<username>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
apehlivan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi KeynetAG,

I've similar issue, post : Office 365 Excel add-in (2016) with App volumes 2.12.1

Until nowI didn't try to enable default add-ins and tought it is my own add-in whats causing this.

But now I see that non of these add-ins work as you mentioned. Also getting the same error.

It seems indeed a general problem with add-ins. Also no luck so far with different provisioning methods and recipies...

Tried to exclude and include some paths, registry keys, troubleshooting with procmon but can not find anything useful.

Excel in developer mode also does not see any Excel add-ins loaded.

Altough my COM-add-in seems to work fine...

When installed locally it all works fine. There must be something with App Volumes in combi with O365 installations.

Hope someone or VMware itself come up with an answer/solution.

0 Kudos
KeynetAG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm glad i'm at least not the only one with this Problem Smiley Happy

At the moment i'm thinking about installing Office365 in the Base Image. But would be a shame to lose that portion of flexibility.

0 Kudos
apehlivan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also tried, unfortunately...

Having O365 installed locally/within base image, no appstacks assigned, tested with default Excel add-ins = Works and can activate these

Having O365 installed locally/within base image, assigned an appstack, even the default add-ins can not be activated.

There must be something which is being overwritten or blocks something when appstack assigned. The integration with OS is crap...

0 Kudos
KeynetAG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did you try with another version of App Volume already? 2.12.0 or something older?

I guess i'll open a case with vmware then.

0 Kudos
apehlivan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes I did, currently I upgraded to latest version 2.12.1, also having same issue.

I also opened a case, I am curious what the outcome will be.

Don't forget to post Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I had the same issue with the analysis tool pak when I was on 2.12.1. Rolling back to 2.12.0 fixed it for me. I now have a hotfix 2.12.3.11 that does fix it as well along with my other office issue.

You can try these commands which fixed another issue in office

cd /d %SVAgent%
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
md en-US
copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.mui en-US
.\cmd /c rd C:\Users\<username>

0 Kudos
KeynetAG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How did you get the hotfix 2.12.3.11? :smileygrin:

Am i blind or is it not publicly available?

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You have to contact vmware support for it

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This patch mostly fixes the issue with not being able to "create" temp files because of an issue with the writable volume.

I haven't seen anyhting related to the writable in this thread (could well be the cause though, but still Smiley Happy).

0 Kudos
KeynetAG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can confirm that App Volume Agent Version 2.12.3 seems to fix the issue.

At least addin's are showing up and can be activated. That's all i tested so far :smileycheck:

0 Kudos
apehlivan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, nice to know it is fixed.

My case is still open, support engineer is testing it in own lab... he did not mention about any hotfix or new versions.

Very strange if you ask me, there must be more people having this issue and it is not known by them?

Anyway, i assume 2.12.3 is not available for the public?

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It is not publicly available. Sounds like your support tech is Chris. Just ask him to send you the 2.12.3.11 hotfix.

0 Kudos