I just found the following KB:
that can be useful for the issue you are facing.
Please, let me know. if it helps!
This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I am surprised it didnt appear in my googling
Many thanks !!!!
I finally got around to attempting this however it did not change the hostname.
I completed the following:-
1. Logged into Management Server
2. run this command: /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql -U omsdb
3. UPDATE node_group SET attributes = regexp_replace(attributes, 'public_hostname":"PUBLIC_VIP"', 'public_hostname":"PUBLIC_HOSTNAME"', 'g') WHERE name = 'LoadBalancer'; I replaced PUBLIC_HOSTNAME with the URL i want to the Horizon Dashboard
4. Run viocli show -p
This output a .ini file which I then used vi to modify.
Searched for the line public_hostname = ( The public IP was there so I changed it to the URL needed )
5. Run viocli deployment configure
This took about 10 minutes abd after t completed I again viewed the .ini file and it appears that the deployment creates a new file which has the public_hostname as the public IP which is what it originally was so this did not work.
The documentation is a little confusing as at the bottom it says VIO 3.0 should only need to update the public_hostname.
For VMware Integrated Openstack 3.0, perform these steps:
- The only thing you must update is public_hostname in OMS and run viocli deployment configure.
- PUBLIC_VIP should be replaced with actual public vip used in the deployment
- PUBLIC_HOSTNAME should be replaced with the desired hostname
- Log in to management server, switch to root user, and run this command:
/opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql -U omsdb
- Run viocli deployment configure.
Note: This will incur some downtime.
I know it did not work as when I generate an SSL CSR the IP is there and NOT the hostname. What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks in advance.
DO you have any further insight into this as I tried the guide and it did not seem to change.