VMware Communities
watkinson
Contributor
Contributor

Bluescreen 0xe0000001 in vmx86.sys after Windows 10 Pro Creators Update

Before Creators Update installed, all was well, I was running VMWare Workstation Player 12, and all was fine in the world.

After Creators Update installed, I have to manually disable Hyper-V (even though Hyper-V is not installed in Windows Options - Thanks MS), in order to get VMWare player to recognize virtualization and allow 64-bit machines to operate again.

To disable Hyper-V, in an elevated command prompt, I enter the line "dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V".  If I do not do this, VMWare doesn't see that I do indeed have a 64-bit OS w/ virtualization enabled in the BIOS.

However, after a few minutes of operation, I get the standard MS BSOD 0xe0000001 for item vmx86.sys.

Also, after after a few crashes, I have to enter the dism.exe command again.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

8 GB Ram

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1) You can refer to can refer to the Microsoft site https://www.windowscentral.com/how-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors-windows-10

2) Reinstall Workstation Player latest update. Reinstall Workstation Player and always “Run as an administrator"

3) Run the install file as an admin    

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
afagund
Contributor
Contributor

I've noticed there are several complaints about VMWare PRO 12 crashes after Windows 10 update 1703. I saw a post from a VMware support member saying they are working with MS on a resolution.

0 Kudos