VMware Cloud Community
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.2 VM stuck customizing OS

So I've ran into this before on 6.2 but the fix was to copy the libeay32.dll into the guest agent folder.  The 7.2 guest agent already has it in the folder and I do not see the corresponding error on my manager machine as well.

According to the events on that VM in vcenter, the customization(sysprep) completed fine. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sbeaver
Leadership
Leadership

customization spec may have been applied successfully but can you confirm the agent actually started and is able to communicate with the cafe and the manager service?

If you have the blueprint set to use and wait for the agent then lets start there and make the agent is installed correctly, running as expected, and then see what the logs have to say for the agent

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**
0 Kudos
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok so let me ask this before I proceed.  Do I need to install the bootstrap for 7.2 or can I just use the normal 7.2 guest agent like I did in 6.2?

I think I answered my own question there though.  The boostrap is for the software installation part, and I'm not even to that point yet.  I think I can just stick with the guest agent right now.

0 Kudos
darrengoff3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The guest agent should be fine. What customisations are you running and is the machine correctly joined to the network at this point? Have you checked the guest agent log file for errors? Is teh guest agent service running on the provisioned machine?

I've had a similar issue before and needed to uninstall and reinstall as per the instructions in this KB:

Troubleshooting guest agents in VMware vRealize Automation (2078381) | VMware KB

- DG If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok so I think one issue is my cert.pem was not pulling for my manager service node.  I manually imported that.

Now I'm testing it again and in the gugent-axis log says..

error creating a socket.  most probably error returned by OS

socket creation failed

client data stream null or socket error for my vra manager service node...(this needs to be manager service and not iaas web right?)

0 Kudos