VMware Horizon Community
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Client Drive Redirection not working

Hi,

Horizon 7.1 with Windows 7 linked clones, agent has CDR feature installed.

Pool is running with MMR policy enabled.

Client side running Windows 7 with Horizon Client 4.5.

Port 9427 is not being blocked.

When I connect to the desktop pool, I am NOT prompted to enable CDR.

I cannot find a menu entry on the Horizon Client that would allow connecting of a share, etc.

Any ideas? I have no idea where to start looking for this as all documentation seems to say "Ensure Agent has feature installed, MMR enabled and port open".

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Problem solved.

We had an old GPO that was disabling it from a MS perspective. This was legacy setting where we didn't want Windows RT ( ! ) devices to have CDR when they only supported RDP as this gave a different experience from all other devices that defaulted to PCoIP in which CDR wasn't supported at the time (6.0 and earlier).

Essentially reversed this:

Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

After you login to the client, and before you select your desktop pool, you can right click on that desktop pool and click on Settings, after that you can click on Sharing and enable it.

0 Kudos
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

I have selected Sharing, and then "Share your local files" - the folder C:\Users\username then appears automatically as a selection.

I apply this and connect to the desktop but it still doesn't work.

This message below never appears and I can't see the "share" nor do I have a menu option on the client to connect it.

a3ad25f8399fc20ddfb0f916bb5df4f5.png

What else could be going wrong?

0 Kudos
SanderMors
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Could you try to re-connect (do not log off!) and see if the shared folders appear? We had similar issues..

0 Kudos
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Problem solved.

We had an old GPO that was disabling it from a MS perspective. This was legacy setting where we didn't want Windows RT ( ! ) devices to have CDR when they only supported RDP as this gave a different experience from all other devices that defaulted to PCoIP in which CDR wasn't supported at the time (6.0 and earlier).

Essentially reversed this:

Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.1

0 Kudos