VMware Horizon Community
Rand77
Contributor
Contributor

Mac version of VMWare Horizon Client is missing Microsoft RDP option for protocol chose

Hi,

I am trying to assist users at my work, whom own a Mac and need to connect to work from home.  Usually this is not a problem but with the Mac version of VMWare Horizon Client, it does not have an option to choose Microsoft RDP for protocol, only PCOIP or VMware Blast. We find that some ISPs do not like the PCOIP options or Blast.  Other than, trying to download
Microsoft RDP for Mac software, which we did and does not work for us, is there any VMware options?

Thanks for any assistance,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Note the documentation:

Software requirements for RDP Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac from Microsoft, versions 2.0 through 2.1.1. You can download this client from the Microsoft Web site. Noѡђ

Horizon Client for Mac does not work with Microsoft Remote Desktop 8.0 and later releases.

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-client-mac-44-document.pdf

I'm wondering if the desktop you are attempting to connect to is running RDP 8.0.  That would explain it, but I haven't tested.

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is a pain... finding the RDP 2.x client isn't easy, because Microsoft no longer hosts it. And when I did find it, OS X won't install it because it's unsigned

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What version of Horizon are you running? With Horizon 7.1 and Unified Access Gateway 3.0 the only port you need to expose externally is TCP 443 for Blast Extreme (UDP is optional). This works great from a Mac.

0 Kudos