VMware Horizon Community
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sluggish display performance in published app

Hi all,

I have an interesting issue with Horizon 6 published apps. Have 2 RDS hosts with MS Project installed. No issues with publishing it through Horizon. But some users experience a drag in the mouse specially when they hover over the menu within MS Project. Moving the mouse leaves a trail of the mouse icon and it takes a while for it to catch up to the pointer. And this is only for some users (unfortunately the users who need the app the most). I don't have that when I open the app. I have even RDP'ed into one of the RDS hosts and opened Project and don't see any issues. Tested with just one active RDS host in case it was isolated to a single RDS host. Moved the RDS hosts to different storage (SSDs). Built new RDS hosts, issue persists (again for some users only).

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have finally found the culprit for this. It was Appsense. The desktop team had added in the personalization module of Appsense to the deployment group that has the RDS hosts. The moment we removed the personalization module, the issue disappeared. So for anyone out there using Appsense, something to look out for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

What does the networking look like to these users?  Is there a latency issue this group may be encountering?

0 Kudos
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This is inside Cisco UCS environment so the VDIs as well as the RDS hosts are in the same UCS domain. We are not seeing any latency in the environment. And interestingly, only some users experience the sluggish performance. We have not been able to isolate it to any specific component. Looked at ESXi hosts, RDS hosts, datastores, desktop pools, network port groups.

Have a ticket open with VMware. Lets see if they can find anything.

0 Kudos
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No one has seen this issue?

0 Kudos
dineshgoundar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have finally found the culprit for this. It was Appsense. The desktop team had added in the personalization module of Appsense to the deployment group that has the RDS hosts. The moment we removed the personalization module, the issue disappeared. So for anyone out there using Appsense, something to look out for.

0 Kudos