VMware Communities
pabusa99
Contributor
Contributor

[SOLVED] Fully New with WMWare WorkStation - VMs with no access to internet ... "net does not identified" ... each morning ... bridge mode

Hello, I am fully new with VMWare and I have decided to learn.

I have installed VMWare Workstation Pro, and I have created 2 Vms... one with Windows10Pro and another with ESX ... My coputer has Windows 7 pro...

Both VMs with network in bridge mode ... and they have their own TCP/IP configuration.

The fact is "each morning" when I want to go on testing, I turn on my computer and so WorkStation but VMs don't have LAN connection... in Windows10 appears "net does not identified" ... so I start trying and trying... rebooting VMs, change bridge to NAT.., TCP auto to manual, enable/disable VMware Bridge Protocol in my PC... reboot my own computer ....

and suddenly without sense... all start working perfectly... but I never know what happened, and I don't identified a clear sequence to get it run again, it seems alleatory.

Why am I having this kinds of problems with bridge connection? How can I get it estable? It is quite bored each morning trying and trying whithout knowing when all will go right....

Thank very much.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DevaDx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

you please try to see whether the NIC card of the windows 10 VM is connected and uncheck the connect at power on option.

you can see the option in right click the VM--> edit VM settings-->network adapters

0 Kudos
pabusa99
Contributor
Contributor

I answer myself.....

I had to go (in Workstation) to Edit --> Virtual Network Edition (advanced mode) and asiggn in bridge mode my NIC ....

I thought it was done automatically ... the question is that sometimes it worked and it was what gave me a headache.

Thank you.

0 Kudos