VMware Horizon Community
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Default Input Language

Hello,

I noticed that UEM is not capturing the default input language for my users.

Once the user logs off and on the default input languages reverts back to the original default.

Anyone know how to set this up so it captures it for the user?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis

Have you tried the build-in templates / Windows Common Settings for 'Keyboard' and 'Regional Settings'?

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

So I have tried using both pre defined templates without any luck. Trying to capture the keyboard layout specified by user per application instead of having the user toggle with ctrl-shift every time . Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis

Can you tell me which specific application you are testing with, maybe I can reproduce.

Have you already tried running the application in the UEM Application Profiler? Make sure to change the keyboard layout and switch between layouts during the profiling, to allow the Application Profiler to capture the right locations

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

I have been testing this out with Word 2013.

I did attempt to use the UEM Application Profiler but it didn't allow me to do so because the Application Template is already available for Office 2013.

I have also included registry key HKCU\Keyboard Layout to be captured but that did not work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
rameshmna
Contributor
Contributor

For me also same problem. any idea how to fix the default keyboard for new users.

0 Kudos
Rajeev_S
Expert
Expert

If you have 2 keyboard layouts, you can chose to load which should be default using below keys

HKCU\Keyboard Layout\Preload

"1"=""

"2"=""

You can apply it as a windows settings or even as a registry setting.

Hope it helps

0 Kudos