VMware {code} Community
marciac
Contributor
Contributor

[VSPHERE HTML5 WEB CLIENT] Can't connect the first time with vSphere API 'hasPrivilegeOnEntity'.

I am not sure if this is a bug but I always got the error 'com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server: The session is not authenticated. Please see the server log to find more detail regarding exact cause of the failure.' while invoking vSphere API 'hasPrivilegeOnEntity' the first time.

But surprisingly it works well the second time invoking the API.

Plus I don't have this problem while working with Flex SDK.

I attach the detailed error messages and codes which invoke the vSphere API 'hasPrivilegeOnEntity' inside the java service.

Could someone help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
laurentsd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It seems that the UserSession was invalid at some point. In order for the UserSession data to be valid in your Java layer the plugin service code must be called correctly from the UI layer, i.e. using controllers as shown in the SDK samples. Without knowing how you called the service in this case I can't help you more.

The best would be to reproduce the problem with a small change in one of the HTML SDK 6.5 samples, and send me that delta so I can have a better look.

0 Kudos