VMware Horizon Community
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Application Profiler for Visual Studio?

Anyone had any luck configuring Visual Studio with Application Profiler? I would like for the application to skip the MSDN logon garbage and apply some custom settings. When I try to profile the application and close it down, application profiler doesnt appear to capture everything due to some processes still running in the background. I've tried closing them all out using task manager but that doesnt seem to make a difference.

Every startup of Visual Studio seems to take somewhere in the ballpark of 10 minutes and eats up all the system resources during this time, which is an awful end user experience. Looking for any ideas on how to mitigate this.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonBaier
Contributor
Contributor

Have you found out how to do this yet? I had my users make changes and the .vssettings file was saved to their networkredirect\;....\documents\Visual Studio 2015\settings folder. Apparently this location isn't checked by the app when logging in to see their settings. I'm planning on having a logon script for importing that file somehow or putting it in a location on the c:\ for the user. Thoughts if you've tried  something similar or if you solved your issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

hmm, I am having the same issue.

I don't have time to work on my idea as described below.

pre-step: run "Regshot" tool on app profiler machine [before starting the below steps please read them 2 or 3 times].

step1: install application on your app profiler machine  

step2: run "Regshot" tool and capture current state of registry.

step3: launch Visual studio and do all your work as a tester.

step4: run "Regshot" tool and find out the changes.

step5: create a custom application profile in UEM and place what you found in step4 under "import/export tab" by following UEM syntax.   

please let me know your feedback on it

Regards,

vkmr.

0 Kudos