VMware Horizon Community
RLI2013
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ViewAgent V6.1.1 against View Connection Server 7.1: TLS version?

Hi all

Our VDI environment runs on VMware View V6.1.1 - for Connection Servers and ViewAgents in production.

Now we are doing some Tests with Horizon V7.1 - I always thought that ViewAgents <V6.2 are only "talking" TLS1.0, which is disabled on the Horizon V7.1 Connection Server per default. I know I can change that in the registry (see below), so Connection Server V7.1 accepts traffic from TLS1.0 ViewAgents (which is essential during migration). But I have not done this 2nd step in my lab yet. I just updated Connection Server V6.1.1 to V7.1 and all my ViewAgents V6.1.1 are still "talking" fine with the new Connection Server. I see the correct status from all Agents (Available, Connected, etc).

Why the "old" ViewAgents V6.1.1 still communicate fine with the new Connection Server V7.1 without modifying the registry? Any ideas? Do I miss something here?

Any help much appreciated!

BTW: Referenced RegKey for Connection Server mentioned above: HKLM\Software\Teradici\SecurityGateway\SSLProtocol=tls1.2:tls1.1:tls1.0 (According KB2130798)

0 Kudos
0 Replies