VMware Cloud Community
Joffer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Credential Guard and Device Guard (Win 10/Server 2016) supported on vSphere?

Does anyone know if Credential/Device Guard is supported on a Windows 10/Windows Server 2016 (1607 or newer) guest VM? Primarily on a vSphere 6.x environment

I'm reading that those features uses Hyper-V in the OS to virtualize the security features.. Does this mean that the Windows GuestVM (or template) needs to have the VM config changed to support nested Hyper-V?

I'm just looking into security features in the new Windows releases, and also in regards to pass-the-hash vulnerabilities..

4 Replies
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am of the understanding that secure boot is required for credential guard and that is only support in vSphere 6.5. Could someone please confirm this?

0 Kudos
BjornAnders
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Secure boot will not be required, but it is currently not supported on vSphere.

You'll have to talk to a VMware rep to get more details on planning.

- Anders

0 Kudos
abugeja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

i have been told by VMware credential guard will be supported in the next major release of vsphere

Alyah
Contributor
Contributor

So , vsphere 5.5 are not support to microsoft credential guard !! because when i search i just fount that vmware workstation are not support but i did not find the reason why the vsphere are not support to credential guard

can anyone help me pleas......

0 Kudos