VMware Cloud Community
capitainemaillo
Contributor
Contributor

the vm configuration was rejected. please see browser console 6.5

On my new server Power edge T430 i was able to setup an ESXI V.6.5 that came with the server and 3 vm's on the host.

I deleted one of those vm's and would like to create a new one but not able...

That is a free version not licenced yet ( 45 days ) .

I tryed chrome, IE, Firefox,,,

It's impossible to create a new vm... allways the same message:  the vm configuration was rejected. please see browser console...

13 Replies
thuynhletan
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

The error is the:

Failed  - Cannot complete the operation because the file or folder /vmfs/volumes/4d93791b-31efc34c-fb00-b8ac6f9a1b25/100.30.6.175 already exists

I've tried with unlicensed and licensed (license of VMware) but I still cannot create VMs.

Could someone have any idea in this case?

Thanks,

Tai Huynh

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Are you trying to use the vsphere 6.5 Host Client to create the VM? or connecting to vCenter and create VM for there?

if you are trying to connect tot he host directly through the Host Client, then I would recommend to upgrade the host client to the latest one, which has many bug fixes. Please find the details here.

ESXi Embedded Host Client

Also you can try with vSphere 6.0 .net client. It will work perfectly with ESXi 6.5

http://vsphereclient.vmware.com/vsphereclient/5/1/1/2/5/0/8/VMware-viclient-all-6.0.0-5112508.exe

thuynhletan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi yezdi​,

Thanks for your comment.

I've installed the latest vsphere 6.5 Host Client and try to create VM. But the issue still happen.

And with all of sudden, I can create VM without any changes. I just change the datastore when I create the VM (my system has 2 datastores).

Thanks,

Tai Huynh

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

hi thuynhletan ,

your issue is different from the issue capitainemailloux facing.

in your case, i assume there is a stale folder of the VM your trying to create in the first datastore. You might have created the vm with the same name in the past and when you removed the folder wasnt deleted. Its strange that the new VM is not created with the folder name <vmname>_1.

Anyways happy to hear that the issue is resolved. you can delete the folder from first datastore and storage vmotion the vm back to that datastore if required.

0 Kudos
Arise007
Contributor
Contributor

I had similar issue, but was able to create VMs after trying the solution suggested at  https://calvin.me/web-interface-for-esxi-without-vcenter/

It basically requires clearing browsing history/cookies from the browser (web client) you were using to access  ESXi 6.5

Hopefully this approach works for you.

thonghuy
Contributor
Contributor

I go to this site.    https://labs.vmware.com/flings/esxi-embedded-host-client  . download latest vib file and update to host.  it works fine after that .

0 Kudos
KhuSip
Contributor
Contributor

Try to create Virtual Machine with VMware Workstation, because same error i have faced and in last when i connect my VMware Workstation with my server after that i created my machine without facing any error.. i hope this will help you..

0 Kudos
vmsat007
Contributor
Contributor

Just create one level version like VM of 6.5 for Windows 2012 it will work , for 6.7 VM 2016 works

0 Kudos
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This didn't work for me.

Using ESXi 6.7, and installed v1.33.1 (Feb. 2019) on Fling, and still getting the "VM configuration was rejected"

When created on datastore1, no problem

When created on datastore2, which is NFS, creation fails with error

It looks like the Network adapter is the issue... If VM adapter 'blank' (no port group), you get the error indicated.

Solution is to add a portgroup then recreate VM. Since "VM network" doesn't show when using NFS for some reason, but does show when virtual machine is locally created.

0 Kudos
CUKWH
Contributor
Contributor

I run into the same issue with the error messages "The VM configuration was rejected. Please see browser Console"

By using vmware workstation as you said I was able to create the vm machine.

However, I still couldn't  attach a network adapter to it as there is no available network adapter in the drop down list I can choose to attach to the VM.

The root cause seems to be related to my "VM Network" settings...This issue finally got resolved when I go back to "Networking" settings, remove the VMKernel NIC from the port group "VM Network" (so there is no active ports associated with it), then I am able to create the VM on Chrome webclient and the Network Adapter "VM Network" is abailable in the drop down list then.

pastedImage_0.png

Browser client just didn't give a user-friendly error prompt in this scenario.

Hope this helps.

Z

WakeonLAN
Contributor
Contributor

U R  AWESOME!!!

0 Kudos
mosi26
Contributor
Contributor

hi ,

check your maintenance mode is enable or disable on ESXI  if enable you must disable it , you can do it by ssh and web panel

simply go to host > action > exit from maintenance so you can create host normally

best regards

0 Kudos
SandDragon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi capitainemaillo,

It might due to the current mode that you're accessing in the active EXSi host. No such changes allow to made when the ESXi host is in the maintenance mode.

Exit the maintenance mode should able to solved your problem.

0 Kudos