VMware Horizon Community
Dcbrown82
Contributor
Contributor

App Volumes 2.9 - Office products become unresponsive after 15-20 minutes.

We currently have a set of 3 different pools using appstacks on a regular basis. Our computer lab and kiosk stations all use the same gold image and same app stack. We noticed that after so long, roughly 15 minutes of inactivity, you can no longer open any office product. We have office 2013 installed along with chrome, firefox, vlc and reader. All those other applications open up after 15 minutes of inactivity but office does not. I was wondering if anyone else has seen, heard or dealt with this. We did also run into an odd thing with opening firefox once office wasnt able to open, but its not all the time.

M2.png

I can provide logs if any one is interested. Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do you see this happening all the time or just from time to time.

We are also still using 2.9 but have seen issues where we received errors stating that a policy blocked execution of a specific application. After logoff and logon the applications worked as expected again. But we have seen this so extrmeley rarely that we did not put any effort into researching root cause.

0 Kudos
SAsselin007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Logs would help, if you can provide them (sanitize info if you need to). Don't need the whole logs but if you can repro an occurence of the issue, then provide the Agent and server logs, we could potentially better tell you what might be the root cause of this.

0 Kudos
Dcbrown82
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I just now saw this. It tends to happen after the user has been logged in for more than 15 minutes, but all the other apps still work, just office. Sometimes Firefox throws up the error above.

0 Kudos
Dcbrown82
Contributor
Contributor

SAsselin007 I would love to, but I am not sure which part to upload, let me go through and see if i can pin point the time and grab them.

0 Kudos
Dcbrown82
Contributor
Contributor

SAsselin007​ and @Ray_handels, I am sorry for not getting back sooner, Attached are the logs from one of the virtual machines.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm afraid you would need to have the Procmon logs. SVService log only holds information on Appstacks being attached and I don't think the other 2 logs do have correct information.

What does your Application log says? Do you have KMS keys licensing for office? It could be that licensing cant be done? But just wild guessing here to be honest.

0 Kudos
Dcbrown82
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry, I never got a notification of a Reply. Yes we have plenty of licenses. I will see about getting the Procmon logs.

0 Kudos