VMware Cloud Community
glezama
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Vrops 6.4 cannot establish connection with Vcenter 6.0

I am able to register a vcenter with vrealize operations manager but I get the following error when I try to test the connection

Vrops version: Version 6.4.0.4635874 Build 4635874

Vcenter version: Version 6.0.0 Build 3339084

vrops_error.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Greetings!

Looks like vROps cannot reach vCenter Server. IP address of vCenter Server should be reachable from vROps, then only you will be able to do successful Test Connection. Could you please try pinging vCenter Server IP from vROps and see if that is fine?

1) Login to vROps CLI using VM console or SSH.

2) Ping vCenter IP

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question as "Correct" or "Helpful" when you get the appropriate answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

Cheers!

Shivam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Greetings!

Looks like vROps cannot reach vCenter Server. IP address of vCenter Server should be reachable from vROps, then only you will be able to do successful Test Connection. Could you please try pinging vCenter Server IP from vROps and see if that is fine?

1) Login to vROps CLI using VM console or SSH.

2) Ping vCenter IP

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question as "Correct" or "Helpful" when you get the appropriate answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

Cheers!

Shivam

0 Kudos
glezama
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Some had switched the DNS server IP address and it was not updated. Going in the linux shell and changing the value in /etc/resolv.conf solved it.

0 Kudos