VMware Horizon Community
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Custom Bandwidth profile

Hi Guys,

My customer want to create his own bandwidth profile in UEM and don't have to choose one of the existing ones.

Is this possible? Maybe it's possible to edit one of the existing profiles?

Thanks,

VM-Master

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Would that be for Blast or PCoIP? What aspects of the profile would they like to tweak?

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

both protocols!

They want to tweak for example MaxFPS and MaxBandwidthKbps regarding to the network location (different branch offices).

We have an old application which will not run bugless if we set the FPS lower than 20 FPS. Publish Apps is not a solution for my client.

I hope you understand that this make sense? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I certainly understand the request, but I'm not sure whether this is possible (or, possible in a way that is officially supported...)

First, the bandwidth profiles you can choose between in UEM's Horizon Smart Policies are fixed, and cannot be tweaked.

Furthermore, as far as I know, PCoIP only re-evaluates its configuration if it's set through Smart Policies, so I think you won't be able to tweak that. Blast will dynamically re-evaluate some parts of its configuration, but I don't know whether that is officially supported...

You'd have to check this in the Horizon/PCoIP/Blast/... forums, I'm afraid. If it turns out to be supported, I'd be happy to help deploy such settings using UEM, of course!

0 Kudos
Erossman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It would be nice to see my request as a feature request in a later version of UEM or do you think that will be not possible?

I don't understand the different in the way of working between pcoip and blast? I can see that smart policies set registry keys under HKCU\Software\Policys.....

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Erossman​,

By all means, feel free to file this as a feature request. Not trying to be difficult or bureaucratic here, but that official channel will give product management some more info than just "some user on the forum wants this".

As for the difference between PCoIP and Blast: that has to do with the way those two protocols are implemented. They both read their settings from HKCU\Software\Policies\... indeed, but Blast will interpret any settings it finds there dynamically, whereas PCoIP only re-evaluates its configuration under certain circumstances. That means that I can probably come up with a workaround that would allow you to dynamically control settings like MaxFPS and MaxBandwidthKbps as you initially requested, but that would only work for Blast...

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

I'm also looking into custom bandwidth profiles as the default ones do not meet the requirements.

Have you or anyone else tried importing the pcoip admx template and configuring the max and min session bandwidth ?

Thanks

0 Kudos