VMware Horizon Community
KevinZomerhuis
Contributor
Contributor

ADMX based settings give WARN in logging

Hello,

i duplicate our policy settings from the grou policy to the adm bases settings in UEM.

After i disable them in the group policy, and enable them in UEM, the logging give me warnings like this:

2017-04-26 08:05:56.809 [INFO ] Collected ADMX-based settings to apply ('Educatief Control Panel.xml')

2017-04-26 08:05:56.814 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for user membership of group 'GC\0GC Immidio' = true

2017-04-26 08:05:56.814 [DEBUG] Conditions: Condition set 'Educatief.xml' was previously evaluated to true

and then:

2017-04-26 08:05:56.868 [WARN ] ADMX-based settings were not (fully) processed successfully ('Educatief Control Panel.xml')

2017-04-26 08:05:56.868 [INFO ] Applied ADMX-based settings

Does anyone know how ik can check which policy rule creates this warnings, so i can alter them ( or disable ).

1 Reply
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The [WARN ] ADMX-based settings were not (fully) processed successfully message is logged when a setting that is configured through ADMX-based settings already exists in the registry. This usually means that it's been set through Group Policy already, and UEM does not want to overwrite those Group Policy settings.

There's an advanced setting that enables more verbose logging for ADMX-based settings, which will exactly indicate which particularly values were skipped in such a scenario. You can download the advanced settings ADMX template from the VMware Knowledge Base.