VMware Cloud Community
surftech
Contributor
Contributor

VMRS pairing failing at 90%

I am attempting to setup replication between 2 of our main sites.

I edited the /etc/hosts file on each site appliance to be able to ping via IP or host name. My firewall team says there is NOTHING blocking port wise on either firewall.

Each site says "Enabled Ok" when showing the appliance status from within the site.

However, when I try to pair 1 site the other, OR vice versa, I get an error as seen in the image. The pair initializes, on source site, gets all the way to 90% then fails. Again this happens when running from either site.

The port error relates to "intra site" communication according to VM ware port KB listing required ports, so there should be nothing trying to use that port via the 2 sites right? I have verified I can telnet from vcenter to the appliance over 8043 within each site. Telnet fails to the other site, but thats to be expected, as there is not traffic going to the other site. Firewall teams confirmed nothing is hitting the FW on that port from either vcenter.

Then why is is telling me its trying to use that port to pair to the other site?

pastedImage_5.png

Port numbers that must be open for vSphere Replication 5.8.x and 6.x (2087769) | VMware KB

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I don't think you should need that port. It just looks seems like the error is being reported by the remote VC/PSC, which has found issues with the Replication appliance (which it communicates with over 8043).

Hard to say what the reason is without some deeper investigation - I would recommend opening a support request.

0 Kudos