VMware Cloud Community
duron8000
Contributor
Contributor

upgrade VDP 6.1.2 to 6.1.4 with vCenter 5.5U3e : backup failed

Hello,

I recently upgraded my VDP 6.1.2 to VDP 6.1.4. I can't backup my VMs any more. Each time, I launch a backup job, it stops immediately and I receive the following error :

Error: An attempt was made to backup a client in a group failed because the client does not have any data matching the data target specified in the dataset.

Could you help me to sort it out.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SavkoorSuhas
Expert
Expert

Hey there,

Run this:
mccli activity show | grep -i "No Data"

The client which you tried backing up if failed with this error, then:

1. Retire the client from VDP:

mccli client retire --name=/*vc-domain*/VirtualMachines/*<VM-name>*

*vc-domain* would be the IP or FQDN of VC depending on how you registered VDP to VC, you can find this by:

mccli client show --recursive=true

2. Once the client is retired, remove the backup job and recreate it.

3. Run the backup

If this fails, then go to step 4:

4. Go to vdp-configure page and unregistered your proxy and re-register it back

Restart of proxy will not help. You will need to disable internal proxy and re-enable it back.

# Suhas

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.

Don't Backup. Go Forward!
Rubrik

0 Kudos
duron8000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Suhas,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestions without success. The VDP upgrade is never straightforward and
always bugged. I ended up by doing a fresh install of the VDP 6.1.4 appliance. Finally it works. 

0 Kudos
daescobar
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Yesterday I upgraded my VDP 6.1.3 to VDP 6.1.4 and I got the same error.

The only way I had to fix it was to re-register the VDP against vCenter from vdp-configure. From that moment, I was able to do the backups normally. I hope this helps someone

David

0 Kudos
kimppikoo
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Resolution was indeed to reconnect VDP to Vcenter again. All jobs remained ok, but just to make sure I edited all jobs with same settings.

0 Kudos
SanFio
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. I have resolved with reconnection VDP to Vcenter again. All jobs whithout changes are remained ok.

0 Kudos