VMware Horizon Community
Arno_apx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Allow USB keys - not local drives

Hi all,

In Horizon 7 I'd like users to be able to access USB keys in their virtual desktop but not local drives (C or D drive for example).

I use UEM so I created a Horizon Smart Policy to disable client drives redirection but USB keys seem to be disabled too, even with USB redirection enabled. I guess USB redirection is related to webcams, smartphones, etc.

So is it possible to only map USB keys but not local drives?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pubudu326
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Arno,

I understood your case. you want to map only the USB devices and no need to mapping any client drives to VD. when you installing view agent there is a option called custom installation and just select and you can select what are features that you want to like USB redirection, Client drive redirection and html access etc... Please select USB redirection and deselect the client drive redirection continue the installation and check.

Please check the VMware USB Arbitration Service is running on your local machine which installed horizon client.

Otherwise you can use GPO setting for usb devices. VMware provides GPO bundle with horizon suite for customize setting via group policies.  Further details please read below document.

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-usb-...

Hope this will help. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pubudu.

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

Hi Arno,

If you are using UEM "Horizon Smart Policy" under user environment it should work for you

other solution is you have to edit Registry in Parent image, to block local drive access

Let me know if you need any help.

0 Kudos