VMware Cloud Community
Java_user
Contributor
Contributor

Error in VMware ESXi 5.1.0 (Lost connectivity to storage device)

Hello,

I have a server with ESXi and two virtual machine. They have been running correctly for one year and a half and there was not any error. Three months ago, one of the virtual machine stopped and I had to shutdown the full physical machine and start it again to restart the both virtual machine and they ran correctly. Now, I have again the same problem. All the datastore are saved into physical hard disk into the physical server machine. Which could be the problem? Could be a hard disk physical error? The errors that gave the VMware ESXi were the following:

- Device or filesystem with identifier HardDiskID has entered the All Paths Down state.          Warning     03/01/2017     1:08:30

- Lost connectivity to storage device HardDiskID. Path vmhba33:C0:T0:L0 is down, Affected datastore: DatastoreName          Error          03/01/2017     1:08:30

- Lost access of volume VolumeID due to connectivity issues. Recovery attempt is in progress and outcome will be reported shortly.          Info         03/01/2017     1:08:30

- Device or filesystem with identifier HardDiskID has entered the All Paths Down Timeout state after being in the All Paths Down state for 140 seconds. I/Os will be fast failed.          Warning     03/01/2017     1:10:50

- Error message on VirtualMachineName: NVRAM: write failed.         Error      03/01/2017     1:11:51

Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies