VMware Cloud Community
vargasjj
Contributor
Contributor

VM shut down Scheduled Tasks disappeared from vCenter 5.5 to 6.5

I created some scheduled tasks back in vCenter 5.5 to power off some training and developers personnel at end of day, and turn them back on beginning of the day.

After I upgraded to 6.5, those scheduled tasks are gone. I cannot find them on anymore. I was instructed to search on Monitor->Tasks & Events -> Scheduled Tasks->Schedule a new task, but those tasks are for some updates and to deploy a scheduled VM creation, which is not what I want to do.

The vCenter is running the tasks anyways, as usual, but I cannot find them. The worst thing is that after the upgrade, now the Time on my ESXi host (also upgraded to 6.5) is not accurate and it is stuck on American EST when I am changing the time back to my timezone (I'm on COT, or Chicago CST works), disregarding if I change it back to CST, it change it again to EST, therefore it is turning off my machines one hour earlier than before, in the middle of personnel work.

vsphere-tasks-gone.png

This is really an inconvenience so I decided to look into your forums/communities, but no one has shared anything.

Would you mind to provide guidelines in here?

Thank you.

- Jose

2 Replies
vargasjj
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Perhaps I'm impacted by this:

The VMware vSphere Web Client does not display scheduled tasks initiated from the VMware vSphere Cli...

KB: 2114651

but I am running 6.5...

Anyone?

pdxcommuter
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing the same problem, but with taking a clone.  I think that there is a job scheduled, but I can't see it so I can't say for sure.

The KB article is from May 29, 2015.  That's about 3 years ago.  Not even a workaround for the problem in all that time?

--Seth

0 Kudos