VMware Cloud Community
StephenMoll
Expert
Expert

Upgrade of VCSA 6.0 to 6.5

I have just spent time trying to upgrade an existing VCSA from 6.0 to 6.5.

The two stage process appeared to complete without any errors and indeed reported a successful completion.

However: When connecting to the new VCSA through a web browser and logging in, a series of error prompts were presented, all claiming an internal error with error #1065 occurred and giving different call chains.

Before I go to the lengths of copying out the call chains (no direct electronic access the system in question) and bringing it to my desk for research, is this indicative of something fundamental I may have overlooked?

For information: Dismissing the alerts (i.e. clicking NO to reloading the web client) I eventually get to the main window and able to browse around the clusters, hosts and VMs. It all appears to be present and correct. I haven't however been able to find any actions that work. I can't open a console on a VM, it silently fails. Likewise trying to edit a VMs settings. Trying to power up or shutdown a VM doesn't work either.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_Johnson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

what version of vCenter 6 where you running?

Upgrade of vCenter 6u3 to 6.5 is not supported...

VMware vCenter Server 6.0 Update 3 Release Notes

If you found this or any other answer useful please use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points ---------------------------------------------------------------------- VCP4/5/6-DCV, VCAP5.5-DCA, VCAP6-DCD, VCIX6-DCV, VCIX6-NV ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me on Twitter @tattooedtechy
0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would suggest re-install of Client Integration plugin. see if that helps.

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
StephenMoll
Expert
Expert

Dan_Johnson : The old VCSA was 6.0U2. Why would 6.0U3 release notes tell me why an upgrade of 6U3 t0 6.5 is not possible?

npadmani : That is a possibility. I recently decided to try patching the existing installation instead and this at least complained about the Client Integration plugin and prompted me to upgrade it, which I did.

0 Kudos